Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Matt_1
Level I

Issue with " Column properties / value colors"

Hi everyone,

I use scripts to generate larger amount of graph on a regular basis.
Small changes in the script (Graph titels etc) are no problem for untrained colleagues but changing the colors of the data points is.

I thought one could use column properties / value colors to change the colors in the graphs easily. But whenever we change the column property of the column "subjects" to a different color scheme (e.g. B/W), the colors of the markers will only change in 1 of the 2 y axis we have in the graph (but the box plot colors change in both axis).

Matt_1_0-1687420239585.png

Matt_1_1-1687420281157.png

I don’t understand why this is happening. If anyone has an idea, I would really appreciate to understand this problem.

JMP Version 17, table and script are attached

Best Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Kanstantsin
Level II

Re: Issue with " Column properties / value colors"

Hi Matt,

i was thinking of populating the graphbuilder after it has already created the graph and the quite ugly solution is attached.

The redacted version of the embedded script takes the colors from the column property and that would be easy to change by the end-user of the script.

However, i can't get the marker shapes to work, as i don't quite understand the logic behind the legend assignment. This version makes the legend from the boxplot, but if you try to make the one with the shapes visible or send the newly added points to a different legend, it does not apply the colors to that one specific set, as seen in your example image.

Do any of the gurus know what might be going on?

Best,

Konstantin

Matt_1
Level I

Re: Issue with " Column properties / value colors"

Hi Konstantin,

thanks for your answer. This is definitely a possible workaround.

Anyhow, not the solution yet, I hope someone can help to understand the underlying problem. 

Best 

Matt