cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tjcraneUMN
Level II

Issue with JMP Query Builder results

I am having an issue with the results from the JMP Query Builder. 

I generally use Microsoft Access to do queries, but my dataset is so big (13,148,520 rows) that my IT dept. suggested I try JMP Pro.

I have two tables that I am linking on the "Covered_Recipient_Profile_ID" field:

two tables.JPG

I am doing a left join on the "JMP table with AHC NPI 2AUG23" table

query.JPG

Here is my Query Preview:

query 2.JPG

This query runs and returns SOME of the rows from the OP_DTL_GNRL_PGYR2022_P06302023 table, but it is not returning ALL the rows.  

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here or how I can make sure all the matching rows are included?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Issue with JMP Query Builder results

It's not obvious that you have done anything wrong in JMP Query Builder. It sounds like a relatively simple query. Did you ask for a sample rather than all data (that is an option in Query Builder)? And, of course, the Query Builder interface will only show you a sample of rows initially, you only get the whole lot when you hit Run Query.

I wonder if this is just a lot of data to pull and this is causing problems on the database end. You might need to talk with your IT/ DB Manager. Like I say, the JMP side of things here is simple, so it feels like the problem would be elsewhere.

I hope this helps,

Phil

View solution in original post

Phil_Kay
Staff

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you find Query Builder useful. It is a phenomenal tool that not many people know about.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Kay
Staff

It's not obvious that you have done anything wrong in JMP Query Builder. It sounds like a relatively simple query. Did you ask for a sample rather than all data (that is an option in Query Builder)? And, of course, the Query Builder interface will only show you a sample of rows initially, you only get the whole lot when you hit Run Query.

I wonder if this is just a lot of data to pull and this is causing problems on the database end. You might need to talk with your IT/ DB Manager. Like I say, the JMP side of things here is simple, so it feels like the problem would be elsewhere.

I hope this helps,

Phil

tjcraneUMN
Level II

Thanks for your response!  I do believe it is an issue with the data in that particular field in the massive table.  I was able to link the two tables using a different field and my query worked just fine.  

Phil_Kay
Staff

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you find Query Builder useful. It is a phenomenal tool that not many people know about.

tjcraneUMN
Level II

I am really enjoying learning how to use it.  I am not a statistician, but I have found the Query Builder to be very helpful.