cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
michaelkennedy
Level II

Is there a way to call an add in using a script?

Hi All

Curious to see if there is a way to call an Add In that users can install in JMP and activate and run it using a script. For example if I installed the add in for generating a Gnatt chart and every morning I come in I want to run a simple script which pulls data from what ever source I use and I get it to generate a bunch of charts etc. One of the charts I would like is a a Gnatt chart. Is there a way I can get my script to call the add in and process the data and send this output to my window with the rest of my charts? Similarly can this be done with other add ins?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: Is there a way to call an add in using a script?

Calling an add-in script from JSL can be done with the include statement.  You'll need to know the addin ID.  For example suppose you have an addin called MyGreatFunction, and the addin ID is com.jmp.MGF.  The JSL file called by this addin is mgf_main.jsl.  To see the ID for an addin click on View > Add-ins

In your JSL script you would do this:

include("$ADDIN_HOME(com.jmp.MGF)\mgf_main.jsl");

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Calling an add-in script from JSL can be done with the include statement.  You'll need to know the addin ID.  For example suppose you have an addin called MyGreatFunction, and the addin ID is com.jmp.MGF.  The JSL file called by this addin is mgf_main.jsl.  To see the ID for an addin click on View > Add-ins

In your JSL script you would do this:

include("$ADDIN_HOME(com.jmp.MGF)\mgf_main.jsl");

michaelkennedy
Level II

Thanks for the help