cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nikles
Level VI

Is there a way to Center Justify a NumberColBox?

Hi.  I'm wondering if there's a way to center justify the values in a NumberColBox.  I have a GUI and it would help make things more readable to the user if all my columns were center justified.  I can center justify strings in a StringColBox using << Set Justify(center), but I see no corresponding option for a NumberColBox.  I'm aware I could convert all my numeric values to text and use a StringColBox instead, but I was hoping a more elegant solution might exist.

Thanks.

JMP Pro 15.2.1

macOS Big Sur 11.6.2

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Is there a way to Center Justify a NumberColBox?

The Script Editor is the definitive documentation for the messages and options available to the NumberColBox and I do not see a message or option that will set the justification.  I have used your stated work around, converting to a string, many times, and find that it works well.

Jim
nikles
Level VI

Thanks Jim.  I was curious though, how do you convert a vector of numbers to a list of strings?  E.g. [1, 2, 3] --> {"1", "2", "3"}.  Is there a way to do this without using a for loop?

txnelson
Super User

I typically don't do a mass conversion.  I do the conversion as I let the Text Box() or Text Edit Box do the automatic conversion for me

x = [1, 2, 3];
tb = Text Edit Box( x[2] );
Show( tb << get text );

Jim