cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
srwhill
Level I

Is that possible to customize the Y scale for different group in graph builder?

Is that possible to customize the Y scale for different groups in graph builder?  Like in following case, different  Y scale range for S-P2 and S-P3...Appreciate if someone can help..

4 REPLIES 4
srwhill
Level I

Re: Is that possible to customize the Y scale for different group in graph builder?

Add the picture...

10800_Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.32.03 PM.png

ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Is that possible to customize the Y scale for different group in graph builder?

If you use grouping variables in Graph Builder, making changes to axes for one level will force the same change to all other levels. This is done to facilitate comparison between the graphs for different levels.

Having said this, you may be able to get close to what you would like by hitting the 'Dialog' button in the Graph Builder Control Panel, and assigning the variable containing your levels to the 'By' role.

derchieh
Level II

Hi Ian,

I have the same question. Can you please be more specific: what's the "Dialog" button you are referring?

I ticked the "Group By" for the grouping variable (see picture below) and then edited y axis (and a range of other things, eg Line of Fit) but it didn't produce any result that's By the grouping variable selected.

10891_pastedImage_2.png

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank  you.

ian_jmp
Staff

(I'm using JMP 12.1). If you have a table open, and do Graph > Graph Builder, you should see it before you drag columns to drop zones. Once you have done the latter, the UI updates (because it is assumed you want to continue to use this way to interact with the platform).

10892_Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 08.36.39.png