cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
caseylott
Level IV

Is it possible to allow JMP Public users to download subsets of data as .csv files based on their dashboard selections?

Hi all,

I am new to dashboard building and sharing in JMP and still trying to understand what can (and cannot) be done with JMP dashboards. I have two basic questions. 

1. If I were to post a dashboard to JMP Public and allow data download, would people be able to download records from my jmp data table as a .csv or .xls file?

2. If I post a dashboard to JMP Public and allow data download, can users download ONLY the subset of records they've selected using dashboard filters? Or, do they have to download the whole data table?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

@caseylott 

Tha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to allow JMP Public users to download subsets of data as .csv files based on their dashboard selections?

Hello,

1. We do not yet support downloading records from a JMP data table as .csv or .xls, but we have these ideas on a list to consider for future versions.

2. When a user downloads a data table from JMP Public, they will get the entire data table.  We do not yet support downloading a subset.

These might not have been the answers you were hoping for, but thanks for posting the question in case this clarifies things for other users!

PS - As always, we encourage community members to upvote existing wishes on the JMP Wishlist, or add new wishes.  This helps us track which improvements are most needed.  https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is it possible to allow JMP Public users to download subsets of data as .csv files based on their dashboard selections?

Hello,

1. We do not yet support downloading records from a JMP data table as .csv or .xls, but we have these ideas on a list to consider for future versions.

2. When a user downloads a data table from JMP Public, they will get the entire data table.  We do not yet support downloading a subset.

These might not have been the answers you were hoping for, but thanks for posting the question in case this clarifies things for other users!

PS - As always, we encourage community members to upvote existing wishes on the JMP Wishlist, or add new wishes.  This helps us track which improvements are most needed.  https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list

caseylott
Level IV

Thank you, @Aurora_TiffanyD,

I'll go over and add these items to the wish list.

Cheers,

Casey