cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hallef18
Level I

Intro to Graph Builder Distribution

the second image shows what happens when I try to add the third data column. I'm not sure why it wont let me. It either replaces on of the existing data columns graphed or it switches to histogram mode. The goal is to overlay 2.5keV*6, 5keV*3,10keV*1.5, and 15keV. Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Intro to Graph Builder Distribution

I replicated your findings.  It does appear that using drag and drop of the X axis for 4 variables with a histogram display in Graph Builder, does change the graph from overlayed to side by side.  However, if you stack the columns you want overlayed and then used the stacking group column as an overlay column, it will overlay more than 3 levels.

txnelson_0-1717534558313.png

Jim

View solution in original post

MRB3855
Super User

Hi @hallef18 : The overlay column should be a Character variable with values 2.5keV*6, 5keV*3,10keV*1.5, and 15keV.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

I replicated your findings.  It does appear that using drag and drop of the X axis for 4 variables with a histogram display in Graph Builder, does change the graph from overlayed to side by side.  However, if you stack the columns you want overlayed and then used the stacking group column as an overlay column, it will overlay more than 3 levels.

txnelson_0-1717534558313.png

Jim
hallef18
Level I

hmm, so you put all data into one column and graphed that? How did you get the different data to be sorted into the right colors for the label?

txnelson
Super User

Dropped the column that shows what the original column name was into the Overlay drop area

Jim
hallef18
Level I

I don't think I'm following. I put all the columns of data into one column and put that into "X" area on the lower axis. When I try to drop the original columns into overlay it only allows for 1 column overlay at a time. And it doesn't solidly color that one column of data out of "all data."

MRB3855
Super User

Hi @hallef18 : The overlay column should be a Character variable with values 2.5keV*6, 5keV*3,10keV*1.5, and 15keV.

hallef18
Level I

I see thank you!

txnelson
Super User

As an example:

Open 

Help=>Sample Data Folder=>Blood Presure.jmp

txnelson_0-1717604503417.png

Stack the BP columns using

Tables=>Stack

txnelson_1-1717604611798.png

Go to Graph Builder and Drag the Data column to the X Axis and the Label column to the Overlay drop area and then click on the Histogram icon

txnelson_2-1717604751638.png

Jim