cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Interrupt a Script

Ok, this has happened a couple times to me and I'm not sure what to do in JMP.

I just asked JMP to make me a table with ~260,000 columns in it - JMP didn't like this, but it's not obviously against the rules of JSL so it tried. And tried. And tried - and half hour later I killed JMP (which I was sad about because I hadn't saved the script.

In SAS there's a button I can click to kill script execution if something is wrong. I can do the same in R. Is there some way to interrupt JMP's interpretation of my script while it's reading it?
3 REPLIES 3
pmroz
Super User

Re: Interrupt a Script

I've had some success hitting the ESC key.

I've tried that and it does nothing for me. Oh well - could just be that the mistakes I make are un-interruptable.

Just an example of a problem I created for myself this morning.

for(z=100,i >= 10,i--, ... );

This will run forever (and did) and crashed JMP - no amount of hitting ESC or bargaining with the computer would interuppt the infinite loop. Is there no way to terminate such mistakes?