cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DavidI
Level I

Inter and Intra Observer Reliability/Agreement with JMP

Hello,

I am part of a study that is looking at 4 clinicians abilility to make a continuous variable measurement with 5 different techniques. We have a gold standard that is a direct measurement of the parameter of interest.

I have generated a delta (the actual measurement minus the clinicians measurement) for each data point.

I am trying to figure out how to first look at each clinicians intraobserver variability using each of the 5 techniques. I was thinking if I just using distribution and then getting a p value for the mean delta (compared to mean of 0 if measurement was perfect) to assess each clinician's 'skill' at each technique.

is that apropriate?

Then I want to get a sense of intraobserver variability/agreement (are these the same thing?) for each clinician using each technique.

What test would I run to get that agreement (ICC, CCC?) and would i be able to do that in JMP?

then I was thinking we could evaluate each technique across the 4 clincians to get the interobserver relaibility for each technique.

is that doable with JMP? Is that also ICC or CCC?

Finally, I was thinking about pooling all the clinicians together per each tehcnique and then measuring the agreeement between the 5 different techniques.

I would also like to compare each of tho technuiques against our gold standard ( the direct measurement) to get a sense of the 'best' technique.

is that doable in JMP?

Sorry this is a lot, any help is appreciated.

My stats knowlege is pretty slim

1 REPLY 1
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Inter and Intra Observer Reliability/Agreement with JMP

To help get started take a look at 'Help > Books > Quality and Process Methods', then review Chapter 9 ('Variability Gauge Charts') and/or Chapter 10 ('Attribute Gauge Charts').