cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Oseali
Level I

Importing of csv data

I am working on a large DoE where in total we need to measure more than 10.000 pieces, the measurement is done in a Renishaw CMM, and the way the program is made it has to calibrate every 50 pieces, and then it outputs a file for each characteristic which leads to alot of files having to imported, and today I am using the import function and then copy pasting the results into my master data sheet.

I hope that someone has a much better solution where this process could be automated, and could point me in the right direction.

On top of that I also have to verify the data, and there I use the join function, and since I do this everyday I have to remove outliers everytime I generate a new join, this part I would also like to get automated so it after it is done with importing the data, also updates the join data and the data points I have removed previously is not readded.

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Importing of csv data

I will point you to JMP's Multiple File Import() which will allow you to read in all of the .csv files.

As far as your data cleansing I am confident that JMP has the flexibility to automate the steps that you are currently manually performing.  This will take the breaking down the details of the steps required to do the cleansing.  Only you have that knowledge.  As far as how to take those steps and get JMP to perform them automatically is within JMP Scripting Language(JSL).  I suggest that you take the time to read the Scripting Guide from the JMP Documentation Library.  This will give the beginning knowledge of the tools available to put your automation efforts into practice.  Of course, the JMP Community will be here to help guide you with your development.

Jim
jthi
Super User

Re: Importing of csv data

I would also try first with Multiple File Import. If the formats between different files is too big, you could also loop over those files into separate tables and concatenate them into result table as you go (do not open all first and then concatenate, open them one by one while concatenating).

-Jarmo