Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Elofar
Level II

Import from Excel: Numerical values removed

Hello dear community !

We compile our data in an Excel file and I created a script to automatically import the data from this Excel to JMP and setting up correctly the attributes of the columns. It always worked very well, but in the last update of the Excel template, one of the formula was slightly complexified (column "Calculated parameter" in the attached file), and every since, when I use the script to import and setting up this column as numerical continuous data, JMP removes most of the data, except some lines (with the simpler formula)... 

I've tried the following:

- If I manually export from Excel to JMP using the Excel add-on or copy/paste it in JMP, data are imported as categorical (as expected, because of the "NA") and if I manually change the attribute to Numeric/continuous, everything is fine, the data are all here. But if I use my script, it removes most of the data.

- I thought maybe the "NA" are messing up (although they were always present in the previous versions), so I removed them, but nope same issue.

- So I was thinking maybe it's the parametrization of the column on Excel, so I tried to set it up as "Number", also tried to add the "value()" or "numbervalue()" around my formula to force it as number, but still doesn't work ...

I'm running out of idea right now, my last hypothesis was that the formula was maybe too complex, so I added a column with just "=" the problematic column (column "Calculated parameter 2" in the file), and same issue occurs to this one

Any idea what's wrong here?  

@martindemel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Import from Excel: Numerical values removed

Which version of JMP are you using? Quickly checking with JMP16.2 it seems to work fine for me (there has been some improvements on how xlsx files are opened in JMP in some JMP16 versions):

jthi_0-1657884584546.png

jthi_1-1657884620400.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Which version of JMP are you using? Quickly checking with JMP16.2 it seems to work fine for me (there has been some improvements on how xlsx files are opened in JMP in some JMP16 versions):

jthi_0-1657884584546.png

jthi_1-1657884620400.png

-Jarmo
Elofar
Level II

Haaa, I have the 15.1 ! Do you think this would be the issue ? How come it never happened before ?

jthi
Super User

You said that the formula in excel got changed, maybe the change was something that causes issues with earlier versions of JMP.

-Jarmo