cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Import JSON Files

I am trying to import JSON files and the data comes in with the wrong formatting. Attached you will see images of the corrrect and incorrect way that the files import. To get the correct import view I have to save the file as a text file and then re-import the text file. What should I do to fix the import issues

Wrong FormattingWrong Formatting

Right FormattingRight Formatting

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Import JSON Files

You don't need to copy or rename the file to use JMP's text import. Use

open("$desktop/jsonfiles/zips.json","text")

the "text" option uses the CSV-style text import, which sees the Comma Separated Values in the json file and might do an acceptable import. Often not, since the records won't be on one line and the columns won't get reasonable names.

Can you share the file, or the first few lines of the file? I'd like to have that example as a test case.

What version of JMP are you using?

Craige

Re: Import JSON Files

I cannot attach the file because it is not a valid extension allowed by the website. Is there another way that I can send this to you?

I tried the text import you listed below and it is closer to what I need, but it missed one set of columns because of the brackets that are around it.