cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hj
hj
Level I

Image processing

I want to compare multiple images with the reference image and add indication marks on the image if it is different from the reference. Could you please help me making this as a JSL code?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Image processing

How are these images stored, please?  Is the intention to compare two or more files that might or might not be identical?  Or is the idea simply to try to locate any regions of two JPEGs that look different - for example a couple of stills from a CCTV camera which would look very similar most of the time, except say when one of them shows someone walking across the shot?  I've no idea how one might tackle a problem like this, but it sounds an interesting one - so can you supply more details?

theresadicom
Level I

Ya, this is an interesting problem of image processing, I am looking forward more detailed info...comparing  the image is a easy work, but for the JSL code, not famailar.

cathyhill
Level I

Have no idea of what "JSL code" is, but I think if you want to add mark on image, maybe you need some image annotating code. By the way, could you look at Dodo's suggestion, I think he may probably give you the solution on image processing.

XanGregg
Staff

In JSL, use New Image to create an image object and the Get Pixels message to convert the image into a matrix of pixels. Then you can compare matrices to find differences (which can be easy or hard depending on the kinds of differences you want to detect). To show the differences you could convert a difference matrix in an image or add Annotation Boxes on a view of one of the input images.

JohnPonte
Staff (Retired)

Hi HJ,

I just came across your question. I wrote a JSL utility that I think does just what you are asking for. It take two images, compares them, and displays the result as a new image. The resultant image shows gray-scale pixels between black and white, where black is no difference and white is the most difference. You could apply a scale factor to the difference so that minor differences are more noticeable. The script can be found on the in ImageDiff JSL. Let me know if you have any questions about it.