cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gene
Level III

I want to use LASSO and Group LASSO in JMP

I'm involved in a project where we are applying lasso to build a logistic regression model from a "black box" set of predictors.  I need to get JMP Pro before trying out JMP's implementation.  I'm doing all the analysis in R at present.  Does JMP Pro also include group lasso?  I've found through using JMP Cluster Variables (CLUSVAR) that I can naturally group my predictors prior to group lasso.  For those who may have used group lasso, is this a reasonable approach?  In the literature seemingly all group lasso descriptions assume some a priori knowledge of the correlation structure of the predictors, often defining a cluster as the base covariate and a set of nonlinear transformations on it (x, x^2, x^3).  In my case all the clusters are essentially latent, yet the correlation structure is revealed with Cluster Variables.

0 REPLIES 0