cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

I can change the line style on a survival curve, but it doesn't change the legend!

Hey everyone, I am doing a Kaplan-Meier analysis and I need to have three different line styles in the resulting figure. I can change those line styles by right clicking and going to customize on the chart. However, when I change those line styles, it doesn't change the legend. Can anyone tell me how to get the associated legend to change?

I am not familiar with scripts of any kind and would prefer to stay away from them. However, if the answer is a script, please be as specific as possible because I really have no idea how to use them.

TIA!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can change the line style on a survival curve, but it doesn't change the legend!

If you right click on the line in the Legend, a color selector will pop up allowing you to select a color for the corresponding line in the survival curve as well as the legend.

Unfortunately, if it is the line style or width that you're interested in changing, the legend currently does not update for line style or width.  This is a known issue that has been reported to JMP development staff to be considered for future releases of JMP.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development

View solution in original post

Re: I can change the line style on a survival curve, but it doesn't change the legend!

This issue was addressed in JMP 15 and later - the style changes will change all parts of the graph now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you right click on the line in the Legend, a color selector will pop up allowing you to select a color for the corresponding line in the survival curve as well as the legend.

Unfortunately, if it is the line style or width that you're interested in changing, the legend currently does not update for line style or width.  This is a known issue that has been reported to JMP development staff to be considered for future releases of JMP.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development

This issue was addressed in JMP 15 and later - the style changes will change all parts of the graph now.