cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rverma
Level III

How to walk a directory with many sub-folders to fetch specific files?

Hello,

I have a folder/directory with many sub folders. In each of the subfolder there are bunch of csv files. Each csv file has a unique ID in the filename. My question is that if I have a list of IDs then how can I traverse the directory to fetch those specific csv files and concatenate them in a jmp table? Is there a way to do it with a script (JSL)? I will appreciate any guidance. CSV file name is similar to "Y123456_File_27A7Z123456.csv". String after File_ is the unique id.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to walk a directory with many sub-folders to fetch specific files?

The Files in Directory() function has a recursive option that returns the full path to each of the files found.

See

Help=>Scripting Index=>Files in Directory

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

The Files in Directory() function has a recursive option that returns the full path to each of the files found.

See

Help=>Scripting Index=>Files in Directory

Jim
rverma
Level III

Thank you. I was able to achieve what I wanted by saving all filenames in the directory into a list.

filelist=Files In Directory( path1, recursive);

Then I created another list of the unique IDs.

unitIDlist = {"AA", "AB","AC"};

Finally I used Nested For loop to find the files that contains unique IDs in the filename and open and concatenate them to the first file.

Craige_Hales
Super User

also take a look at multiple file import. It may be exactly what you need.

Craige