cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mikasa
Level II

How to use data filter for a column with empty cells without deleting the cells?

Hi

I want to make a filter in my report for a column that has a few empty cells. Other cells have the name of products. When I use Data  Filter, nothing shows up in the report and I think it is because of empty cells. I tried to exclude them but did not work

Add Filter(
    columns( :Entity1, :Entity2, Where( :Entity1 != "" ), Where( :Entity2 != "" ), ),
    Display( :Entity1, Size( 120, 100 ), List Display ),
    Display( :Entity2, Size( 120, 100 ), List Display )
);

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to use data filter for a column with empty cells without deleting the cells?

Removed at Discussion Author's request

Jim
Mikasa
Level II

Re: How to use data filter for a column with empty cells without deleting the cells?

I already have made the same one. the problem is those (???) are messed up. they are joined between columns since there are empty rows in each column and for some reason, they are filled with the data from the second column in the same row numbers.

See the attachments

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@Mikasa,

Based up the first sceen capture of your data table and then the capture of your report,  it is my opinion think the data table was created with a split or a poor join.

I think your report and filter would work better if there was one column Product and a different column for Entity etc.   

Good luck.

Mikasa
Level II

Thank you for the response
I had the same thing that you suggested (one column for Entity, one for Chamber) then I filtered the Entity. The problem in my report is I like to see the graphs based on the different products (Product filter). But Entity filter is separated and when I click on them to chose one, it shows all the products on that Entity. I do not know how to connect them and when I click on an Entity in the filter window I can be able to click on chose the specific product from the product filter window.