Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Titanescu
Level I

How to update "fit x by y" analysis with multiple y data

Hello,

I'm new in usin JMP.

I've performed "fit x by y" analysis with twenty "y "data.

Then, I've changed values for some data in the table. Thus, results of "fit x by y" analysis are exact anymore.

I'm now trying to update "fit x by y" analysis for all Y data using few click (a method quicker than clicking on the red Arrow of Y data analysis on by one).

Is it possible?

thank you very much for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to update "fit x by y" analysis with multiple y data

I think what you're saying is you have 20 "Y" variables (i.e. columns), not 20 rows of data, right?  And your problem is you have to do everything 20 times to apply updated data?  There is a general trick to applying changes to all instances of reports within a report window when you are using something like a "By" variable or have multiple responses.  That is to hold Ctrl when you click through the red-arrow menu.  In your case, do what Jim suggested while holding the Ctrl key down.

In addition, if you save the script to the data table, you can you always reproduce the entire analysis with updated data just by running the script again.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Simply select the Automatic Recalc from the Red Triangle, and your charts will automatically be updated when the data table changes

In JMP 13 & 14 it is

Redo==>Automatic Recalc

Jim
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

I think what you're saying is you have 20 "Y" variables (i.e. columns), not 20 rows of data, right?  And your problem is you have to do everything 20 times to apply updated data?  There is a general trick to applying changes to all instances of reports within a report window when you are using something like a "By" variable or have multiple responses.  That is to hold Ctrl when you click through the red-arrow menu.  In your case, do what Jim suggested while holding the Ctrl key down.

In addition, if you save the script to the data table, you can you always reproduce the entire analysis with updated data just by running the script again.

-- Cameron Willden
Titanescu
Level I

Dear Cameron,

Thank you, this is the solution!

With my best regards,

Alain