Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wyler00
Level I

How to sum the values in an unnamed column

Hi,

I have a DOE setup where the names of the columns change.  Is there a way to sum the values in column 1 and put them in Column "Total Volume" row 1, then sum column 2 and put them in "Total volume" row 2, etc?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to sum the values in an unnamed column

It is possible but it isn't really something you should do with JMP as JMP table isn't a spreadsheet(JMP is Not a Spreadsheet ). Below is example formula to give an idea how it could be done

If(
	Row() == 1, Col Sum(Column(1)),
	Row() == 2, Col Sum(Column(2)),
)

jthi_1-1712250183921.png

jthi_0-1712250165034.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

It is possible but it isn't really something you should do with JMP as JMP table isn't a spreadsheet(JMP is Not a Spreadsheet ). Below is example formula to give an idea how it could be done

If(
	Row() == 1, Col Sum(Column(1)),
	Row() == 2, Col Sum(Column(2)),
)

jthi_1-1712250183921.png

jthi_0-1712250165034.png

-Jarmo
wyler00
Level I

Thank you this answered my question.  And thanks for the link to JMP is not a spreadsheet.  I've never seen this before and I do try to use JMP as a spreadsheet too often

dlehman1
Level IV

I think I may be misunderstanding what you want.  But it sounds like using Table-Summary and asking for the sum of the relevant columns will give you what you want.  You can then make it into a data table.  If you need to have it placed in the original table with each row a different sum of columns, then you probably need to do something else.