cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fruit325
Level III

How to set the decimal point to 2 on all the flatforms?

Hi, how could we determine the decimal point shown on all the platforms? I am using the Fit Model platform and the quantified analysis (like the RMSE, R^2, etc.) is showing a lot of decimal points that may be unnecessary.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
winfriedkoch0
Level IV

Re: How to set the decimal point to 2 on all the flatforms?

I agree that 2 decimals is a reasonable choice in many scenarios.

W. Koch

statman
Super User

I'm of no help.  I have to continually adjust the column width to change significant digits. Perhaps start here:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/19.0/?os=mac&source=application#page/jmp/set-or-get-column-attri...

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
jthi
Super User

I think you might be able to utilize Semantic Format for this but I have never used it

jthi_0-1727968075425.png

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/semantic-formatting.shtml

-Jarmo

One way to do this at the Report level is to change the format for the outputs in your report and then save to a Platform Preset in JMP 18.

To set this up, go to the report, right click on the column values in a table and select: Format Column... and change to Fixed Decimal: 2. For example, the Summary of Fit report will look like this:

scott_allen_0-1727969043132.png

In JMP 18, you can now click the star icon in the top right of the report to save this as a Preset.

scott_allen_1-1727969132298.png

Now, whenever you run Fit Model, you can select the Preset you created and all the report customizations will be applied:

scott_allen_2-1727969252091.png

-Scott

Please see Platform Presets for more information.