Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to send everything to one journal and Save it to Powerpoint

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

Our current script does about ~120 analysis after combining 3 data files and saves the results as pictures which are further manipulated into a PowerPoint deck.  The script is complex at about ~4000 lines of code.

With the advent of JMP 12, the option is to save the whole process directly into a journal and save it.

My first question is:

The manual shows journal objects tied to a specific report object and my testing of saving two reports to a journal and then saving the journal with the last object reference only saves the journal for that object.  What is the reference for the entire journal?

To keep things clean I periodically close reports in the script.  Would I need to keep the first object open or create a initial empty journal window?  The manual does not discuss multiple analysis being sent to a journal.

Also how do I define the output file type for the journal save?  I tried Untiled.RTF to get an RTF file but it just gave me untitled.RTF.JRN.

2 REPLIES
Craige_Hales

Staff

Mar 21, 2013

the last question, how to save RTF:  I like to use the ShowProperties function to find out what messages an object accepts.  The same information, and more, is in the scripting index.  The <<getRTF function hands back the rtf text (not what you want, most likely).  the <<saveRTF function puts the text in a file.

8490_rtf.png

Craige
danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

One way to work with Journals is to create the empty journal and then add content, which may include reports as well as container objects for layout:

Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

biv = Bivariate( Y( :weight ), X( :height ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );

dist = Distribution( Continuous Distribution( Column( :weight ) ), Nominal Distribution( Column( :age ) ) );

jrn = New Window( "Reports", <<Journal );

jrn << Append( H List Box( (biv << Report) << Clone Box, (dist << Report) << Clone Box ) );

jrn << Save PDF("c:\test.pdf");