cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Sean_ShCn0
Level II

How to selecte or delete outliers automatic ?

i have data table, actually i have thousand columns measurements, but in each measruement, there are some outliers, i need to select or delete the outliers for all column for some purpose. 

• I can use  JMP-->analysis-->screening-->explore outliers to selected the outliers ,then i can delete the outliers. but this function is only work by only one column. when i have thoutands columns, it won't work, and doesn't make sense.
  • I try to sue stack colmns together, then use explore outliers to find the outliers, also work, (explore outliers, set column name as "by") but when i set too much columns in "By", system will consume too much physical memory.

in this case, May I have some other ideas for the puropse ? thanks a lot!

KRs

Sean

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to selecte or delete outliers automatic ?

@Sean_ShCn0 ,

Explore outliers is meant to handle as many columns as you have in your data table, but you have to be sure to select them all when you start the analysis.  Below is an image of where all of the columns in your wide table are selected.  One way to help with this would be to group your columns so that you only have to highlight the group to move all the columns at once.  You can see the difference with and without grouping in the first two images below.

HTH,

Bill

Bill_Worley_1-1724791348757.png

Bill_Worley_2-1724791454157.png

Bill_Worley_0-1724791053464.png