cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to select the right data table to create a dashboard in a JMP Project

I have a long script where in the first part different data tables are joined together and some calculations are made. The result of this part are 3 data tables and several graphs in one of the data tables. The second part of the script would create a dashboard from the already made graphs/plots. If I run the script it makes an empty dashboard, but if I run the first part then select the data table containing the graphs/plots and run the second part of the script then the dashboard is made correctly. I tried to put a dt = Data Table("Name"), before JMP App( but it has not worked. I also tried to put the data table name in Location( "" ), that has not worked, however when I put "Name" in location I got a pop-up question to choose the data table. 

JMP App(
	Set Name( "Dashboard" ),
	Set Description( "Six reports arranged in a grid" ),
	Auto Launch( 1 ),
	Snap To Grid( 1 ),
	Show Grid( 1 ),

Show Properties( 0 ),
	Show Sources( 1 ),
	Group By Category( 0 ),
	Dashboard Mode( 1 ),
	Parameters,
	Tables(
		DataTable1 = GuiTable(
			Set Path( "" ),
			Set Label( "Plots" ),
			Location( "" ),
			Invisible( 0 )
		)
	),
1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: How to select the right data table to create a dashboard in a JMP Project

You can set different strings to the Location part, I have no idea what these mean but I have seen at least:

• "Embedded Script"
  • "name"
  • "Current Data Table"
  • "Full Path"

Based on just the different strings I would most likely try to utilize Current Data Table or Embedded script (but this depends on your full application). Or if you just need a dashboard, I would skip JMP App and use New Window / JMP Project.

-Jarmo