cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Knut
Level III

How to scale a graph to fit into a fixed size area

For patent filings, graphs need to fit into an 8H x 6.8W area, including all titles. How can I set up Graph Builder so that a graph fits into / fills a given area? (Setting the "frame" size does something else, but I couldn't find the definition of a "frame".)

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to scale a graph to fit into a fixed size area

The units used in Frame Size, etc. are pixels.  I am not aware of the ability in JMP to set the graph size by inches.

Jim
Knut
Level III

Thanks Jim,
I can translate points into inches, that's not the problem, but which part of the graph is the "Frame"?

Knut

Craige_Hales
Super User

This will get you close. Your graph will be a bit smaller because of the window's title bar, which I believe is part of the window's size. Your dotsPerInch value might also be changed if you've set the scaling on your display. Retina displays and 4K displays will probably use larger DPI values.

DotsPerInch = 96; // typical for newer displays, 72 for older displays
report(gb)<<setwindowsize(6.8*DotsPerInch,8*DotsPerInch);

or...

The frame is the square box that the axes form.

Once you drag the window to the size you need, you can save the script and grab the size value from the script. 

Setting graph builder's sizeSetting graph builder's size

That will not account for changing font sizes later however, since it is the frame size.

Craige