cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Stokes
Level IV

How to save a file with name as a variable in For loop to save multiple files

Hi, I am trying to save files in a for loop, the problem is how to put a variable into the file saving procedure,

However, it looks the file save part is not working.

I didn't use any clear global to make sure filename has be assigned with the original value.

Is there any problem with my saving part?

Thanks

// filename is a variable assigned below,
For( j = 1, j <= N Row( sdt ), j++,
filename = Column( sdt, "file" )[j];
Close( Data Table( sdt ), No Save );

// During saving the file, the directory is fixed, however the filename is an variable, 
// the goal is to use the left(filename,18) and concatenate with "_Type1" in the file name. dt1 = Current Data Table(); dt1 << save( "C:\Users\file\JSL\"||Right( filename,18)||"_Type1.csv" );

2 REPLIES 2
Mauro_Gerber
Level IV

Re: How to save a file with name as a variable in For loop to save multiple files

Hi

I chanched the code a bit so this may help:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

path = "C:\Users\file\JSL\"

For( j = 1, j <= N Row( dt ), j++,
	dt << save as (path || dt:name[j] || "_Type1.csv" );
);

It can be that you need to do a  "save as" to make it work.

"I thought about our dilemma, and I came up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us"
- GLaDOS
Stokes
Level IV

Re: How to save a file with name as a variable in For loop to save multiple files

Hi, Thanks a lot.

It works now.