cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to run/stop JSL scripts with Task Scheduler cleanly?

Hello,

I have automated some extraction/analysis/export tasks of mine with a few JSL scripts and I have been trying to make use of Task Scheduler to run them on a fixed schedule.

I figured it would be easy enough, so I put the following into Task Scheduler. The script itself only takes about 10 seconds to run.

It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I put "//!" at the top of the script, it runs either way.

Program/script:

C:\...\jmp.exe

Add arguments (optional):

"C:\...\myScript.jsl"

It works when I ran the task manually but I can't seem to get it to stop, meaning that subsequent runs never end up running because the first is in a permanent state of:

"The task is currently running (0x41301)".

I tried making a simple batch file to do the same thing to run in Task Scheduler, but it arrives at the same result.

Batch File:

START "" C:\...\jmp.exe "C:\...\myScript.jsl"

Wondering if anyone has had any success with automating JSL scripts and has any pointers?

Thanks,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to run/stop JSL scripts with Task Scheduler cleanly?

Just add the appropriate exit command at the end of your batch and jsl script.

batch it's simply 'exit' and jsl it's 'exit();'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Just add the appropriate exit command at the end of your batch and jsl script.

batch it's simply 'exit' and jsl it's 'exit();'

Craige_Hales
Super User

The scripting index example for quit() is one of my favorites.  Save your work first.

Craige