cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Juno
Level I

How to run ANOVA for 3 factorial design with RCBD (reps nested within)?

I am not sure if I have a claer title, but I am trying to run the ANOVA and F test on the yields with three factors: 10 ENTRIES, 2 LOCATIONS, 2 YEARS. I have 3 Reps for all 10 ENTRIES assigned in the field as RCBD design in  each LOCATION and each YEAR. How do I nest the replcation within LOCATION, YEAR? whould I nest it in Rep ( LOCATION*YEAR) as well?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to run ANOVA for 3 factorial design with RCBD (reps nested within)?

You do not need to nest the replication. Your treatments are crossed as far as I can tell. JMP will automatically use the replicates to estimate the errors.

Select Analyze > Fit Model. Select the factor columns on the left. Note that Degree is equal to 2 by default. Click Macros and select Factorial to degree. This macro will add the terms for the main effects and all two-factor interaction effects.

You can save this model as a script to the data table so you can use it again with one click and without this set up. Click the red triangle at the top left and select Save to Data Table.

Now click Run.

View solution in original post

Yes, the macros are a convenient way to include a variety of terms made with the selected columns. Your RBCD design may not support the estimation of every term in the full factorial model, but give it a try!

If you have the data to support it and you want to try quadratic terms, you can use the Polynomial to degree macro or the RSM macro. The RSM macro is a short cut that gives you both the interactions and the powers up to degree 2.

Of course powers are possible only for continuous factors.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You do not need to nest the replication. Your treatments are crossed as far as I can tell. JMP will automatically use the replicates to estimate the errors.

Select Analyze > Fit Model. Select the factor columns on the left. Note that Degree is equal to 2 by default. Click Macros and select Factorial to degree. This macro will add the terms for the main effects and all two-factor interaction effects.

You can save this model as a script to the data table so you can use it again with one click and without this set up. Click the red triangle at the top left and select Save to Data Table.

Now click Run.

Juno
Level I

Hello

Is this the same with Full Factorial in the Macro option if I want to see all kinds of combination effects with Year, Location, and Entry?

Thank you!!

Juno 

Yes, the macros are a convenient way to include a variety of terms made with the selected columns. Your RBCD design may not support the estimation of every term in the full factorial model, but give it a try!

If you have the data to support it and you want to try quadratic terms, you can use the Polynomial to degree macro or the RSM macro. The RSM macro is a short cut that gives you both the interactions and the powers up to degree 2.

Of course powers are possible only for continuous factors.

Juno
Level I

Thank you Mark!