Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shampton82
Level VII

How to rename a "New Formula Column"

Hey everyone,

I am trying to rename a " New Formula Column" that can have different amounts of columns that get summarized, the default column name out is always changing.  However, I can't find a way to reference the column as when the column is made it is not selected.

The code to combine the columns is this:

dt3 <<
	New Formula Column(
		Operation( Category("combine"), "Sum" ),
		Columns(collistms1)
	);

However, using <<set name() or <<set selected doesn't work. 

I was thinking I could loop through the Column list and add in the "+ " between each column name but that seems overly complicated.

shampton82_0-1707936900492.png

Any thoughts?

Appreciate the help!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmarchandTSI
Level V

Re: How to rename a "New Formula Column"

I'm unable to find a way to get the column reference when using << New Formula Column.  You might have to resort to just using << New Column for this.

thiscol = Eval( Eval Expr( dt3 << New Column( "This One", Formula( Sum( Expr( collistms1 ) ) ) ) ) );

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mmarchandTSI
Level V

I'm unable to find a way to get the column reference when using << New Formula Column.  You might have to resort to just using << New Column for this.

thiscol = Eval( Eval Expr( dt3 << New Column( "This One", Formula( Sum( Expr( collistms1 ) ) ) ) ) );
jthi
Super User

To my knowledge you currently cannot get the reference easilyMake New Formula Column return references to the newly created columns. You can either use << New Column or check column names before you call New Formula Column and then again after you have called it. You can then get reference to the new columns based on the new column names

-Jarmo