cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mallhest
Level I

How to remove black illegible text on biplot?

biplot.JPG

Hi! Has anyone encountered this black illegible text on a biplot? (See the attached picture!) How do I edit or remove this text?

If possible, I'd prefer to avoid any scripting. I've only been using JMP for about two days.

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
statman
Super User

Re: How to remove black illegible text on biplot?

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but typically, if you right click in the graph window, there are many options to select or de-select.  Right clicking ion JMP often opens options for you to choose.  In your graph, it looks like you have the data points labeled.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
mallhest
Level I

Sorry, maybe I should have clarified - I'd like to remove the large, unsightly clump of black text (at least, I think it's text?) in my biplot. I've circled it here.

I've tried to select it and right-click on it. Trying to unlabel it doesn't work, not does exclude or hide.

The label doesn't match any of the labels in my data table (the same labels that are being used to label the other points.)

I'm wondering if it's the average of the data or something, but I see no way to turn it off and I don't see it in any tutorials. It's very frustrating.

biplot2.jpg

biplot3.JPG

statman
Super User

Could you share your data table?  Have you tired any other plots with that data table?  Do you have any rows highlighted in the data table?  Is there any data that corresponds to that cluster?

statman
Super User

Sorry, I should have asked. What version of JMP are you using and on what platform. Is it licensed or trial?
Craige_Hales
Super User

Also what happens if you zoom in on it? If it gets bigger, is it text? Is it points that can be selected? If it doesn't get bigger, there must be something else going on.

Craige
SDF1
Super User

Hi @mallhest ,

You might try clicking on the red hot button of your K-means cluster and then look under the biplot options.

It could be that it's plotting the rays of your N-dimensional data set (depending on how many columns you've selected) and displaying those. When JMP does that, you can't adjust the ray spacing and lengths, but you can deselect the biplot rays or move them by changing their position. If you really don't need them and just want to have a visual, then I'd remove them.

Hope this helps!,

DS

ezorlo
Level IV

this is the right answer

i'm interested in hiding some but not all of the rays in order to emphasize the variables with high effect on the K-means plot. Any suggestions?