cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bp2020
Level II

How to recover deleted .jmp file?

I accidentally click "delete" for a .jmp file when opening up the JMP software.  May i know how to recover it?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to recover deleted .jmp file?

I am not aware of any JMP method to recover the deleted files.  

Here  is a URL tutorial on different ways to do it in Windows 10

Jim

View solution in original post

Craige_Hales
Super User

Some file references are GrayedSome file references are Grayed

Removing a file from the recent file list does not delete the file. The recent file list can have grayed-out references to files that were deleted or moved. If you open a grayed-out file reference, you'll get this dialog

offers to clean up the list of recent filesoffers to clean up the list of recent files

You should check the trash to see if the file landed there, and you should use the file finder to scan your disk to see if the file was moved somewhere (or a network folder perhaps?)

The one in Recent may be another reference, not the actual fileThe one in Recent may be another reference, not the actual file

Craige

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

I am not aware of any JMP method to recover the deleted files.  

Here  is a URL tutorial on different ways to do it in Windows 10

Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

Did you just delete the reference to the file from the recent files list in the Home Window? That doesn't delete the actual file, just removes it from the list.

Craige
bp2020
Level II

I delete it on recent file list but the actual files were also somehow deleted...
Craige_Hales
Super User

Some file references are GrayedSome file references are Grayed

Removing a file from the recent file list does not delete the file. The recent file list can have grayed-out references to files that were deleted or moved. If you open a grayed-out file reference, you'll get this dialog

offers to clean up the list of recent filesoffers to clean up the list of recent files

You should check the trash to see if the file landed there, and you should use the file finder to scan your disk to see if the file was moved somewhere (or a network folder perhaps?)

The one in Recent may be another reference, not the actual fileThe one in Recent may be another reference, not the actual file

Craige
bp2020
Level II

I will try it out. Thank you Craige for the clear explanation.