cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Moscat
Level I

How to plot RSM surface graph and contour plot on a same graph

I am working with some RSM results and I have seen graphs that combine the surface graph and the contour graph in a single graph (As it is shown in the picture below). It is possible to do it with the JMP software? If it is possible, how I would have to do it?

Thank you.

graph.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to plot RSM surface graph and contour plot on a same graph

Once you have used Fit Model and have your final model, go to the red triangle popup menu and choose Factor Profiling > Surface Profiler. This will give you the 3-D surface plot. Within that report will be a section called Appearance that is closed. Open it up and look for the Contour section. You can put the contours below the surface, above the surface, or on the surface.

Dan Obermiller
Benjamin_Fuerst
Level III

@Dan_Obermiller 
Hello Dan, thanks for pointing out that option.

Is there a possibility to color the surface like in the picture Moscat showed?

Best regards!

Ben

You can fill the areas of a contour plot by using the Contour Plot platform under the Graph menu. I do not know of a way to have the contours on the surface filled in as in your picture. Perhaps someone else in the community would know how to do it. You might want to post the question in a new thread. You could also look at the JMP Wish List. If this idea is already there, kudo it to vote for it. If it is not there, you can add it so that the developers know there is a need.

Dan Obermiller