cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
YK-Chang
Level I

How to output probability value from Life Distribution?

Hi,

I did some reliability fitting by Life Distribution in Reliability and Survival, and I would like to output probability value from Life Distribution. Anyone knows?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to output probability value from Life Distribution?

Could you clarify which probability value you are looking for, and which format you are looking for the output to be in (HTML, a new data table, etc.)? Also, via scripting, via GUI? Any extra details can help. Thanks!

Jed_Campbell_0-1676480311353.png

YK-Chang
Level I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

most of my cases are based on Weibull distribution. I would like to output the Weibull distribution probability of every point (i.e. Probability value of Time cycle from your plot) to the new data column via GUI.

To output the distribution probability for every point, select the Red Triangle near "Parametric Estimate - Weibull" (or other distribution), then "Save Probability Estimates." This makes 3 new formula columns in the data table (the estimate and the upper & lower confidence limits).

Jed_Campbell_0-1676559388311.png

YK-Chang
Level I

Hi, it seemed this way can only output the probability estimates. If I would like to output the probability of the rawdata, not prbability extracted from the fitted line. Is there any quick way to output from GUI?

many thanks!

I'm not certain I'm following what you're looking for, but the method I showed previously does rely on assuming that a Weibull distribution (or whichever distribution you choose) fits the data. If you want a distribution-free output of the probability, this can be done in the Tabulate platform, using the Cumulative Probability formula in JMP. I've attached a sample data table with the script for this saved to the table.

Jed_Campbell_0-1677081622104.png

Do you want the probabilities from the empirical cumulative distribution function? If so, you can get them from Distribution. Here is the CDF Plot in Distribution:

cdf plot.PNG

Click the red triangle next to Weight and select Save > Prob Scores. A new column appears in the data table:

prob scores.PNG

I confirm the empirical CDF by plot the new scores against the original variable, Weight:

cdf from gb.PNG