cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AU
AU
Level III

How to make Graph Builder use the specified row colors & markers over any other colors/markers?

Hi there! I am having trouble with adjusting the graph builder markers and colors to match what I have customized in the JMP table. For some reason, it is showing that there are a rainbow of colors and symbols when on the table I specified only black and red for 2 distinct data sets.

How can I get graph builder to:

1) "clear" the default colors/symbols that are showing up in the saved graph?

2) Read the colors and symbols I specified in the data table?

3) Make the line color match the row color specified?

Thank you!

Picture: Top - what I want it to look like (based on the data table); bottom - what is the default despite what I did to the data table

Additional: 

I first used the Rows > Color or Mark by Column and then saved >20 graphs, but now I need to revise that and adjust to the custom markers/colors.

That's part of the reason why my first question is how to "clear" the defaults or current state of the colors/markers.
- I've tried "clear row states" to reset and that hasn't worked either. Do I need to re-make all of my graphs?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to make Graph Builder use the specified row colors & markers over any other colors/markers?

Please explain the steps you take to produce the chart in Graph Builder. My simple test confirms that JMP uses row states as expected.

table.PNG

gb.PNG

AU
AU
Level III

Re: How to make Graph Builder use the specified row colors & markers over any other colors/markers?

Sure, I first used the Rows > Color or Mark by Column and then saved >20 graphs, but now I need to revise that and adjust to the custom markers/colors.

That's part of the reason why my first question is how to "clear" the defaults or current state of the colors/markers.

statman
Super User

To clear the rows markers/colors, go to Rows>Clear Row States.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
AU
AU
Level III

I have tried that and it doesn't help unfortunately!

statman
Super User

What version of JMP are you using?  What OS? Can you attach your JMP table or a subset of it?  Is the table active when you try to clear row status?

AU
AU
Level III

Thanks for responding again!
Microsoft OS, JMP 15, I can't attach the table or subset because it would require a lot of data cleaning/manipulation to post it unfortunately.

I'll check the "active" table status -- what does this mean and how can I check it?

statman
Super User

Sorry you’re having trouble. Just click on the data table to bring it to the top. What happens when you go to Rows? Is the Clear Row States not available? If not I suggest you contact support@jmp.com

I have added 2 JMP tables, one with one column used to mark/color the rows (Species, Animals1.jmp) and the other after I cleared row states (Animals.jmp).  Try using graph builder and see if it works for you.