Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sjaafar
Level I

How to group and overlay graphs comparing different timestamp

Hi,

For simplification, I have three columns which are 'Year' (2019, 2020), 'Grade' (A, B, C) and 'Result'. My objective is to compare the results of Year 2020 vs Year 2019 by Grade, and I want to overlay them in Graph Builder so that I can see the comparison clearly between those 2 years. I would also like to group the data together and colour code them so that I can represent all of this in just one graph.

How can I approach this problem?

- Do I need to split the 'Year' column into two based on the Year?

*I have never used jmp before, so this is probably a simple question to many of you. Thanks a lot for your help

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: How to group and overlay graphs comparing different timestamp

Hi,

Welcome to the JMP User Community. First, your data is in the right format, just make sure that the "Year (2019, 2020)" column is set to Categorical or Ordinal if it is not already so.

Second, as a starting point in Graph Builder, I would assign your columns in the following roles:

• Results = Y
  • Grade = X
  • Year (2019, 2020) = Overlay

You mentioned also including a color code but it is unclear on which variable you would like to base the color.

Also, I would strongly recommend that you explore the training material provided by JMP for Graph Builder, starting with the following:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/learning-library/topics/graphical-displays-and-summaries/graph-builder.htm...

Best,

TS 

Thierry R. Sornasse