cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
javier_guzman0
Level II

How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

Hi JMP Gurus,

I'm currently using a Perl script to launch our JSL script. The Perl script looks for the default installation location of JMP in the program files folder. Since there are potentially 4 different versions of JMP running around our workplace, I ended up with the following implementation:

1. Attempt to launch the standard version executable of JMP 12 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\12\jmp.exe

2. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the pro version executable of JMP 12 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\jmp.exe

3. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the standard version executable of JMP 11 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\11\jmp.exe

4. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the pro version executable of JMP 11 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\11\jmp.exe

5. If that file does't exists, end in error.

My question is the following:

Is there an environment variable or something in windows that I can query to find out where JMP is installed in the user's machine? My fear is that there might be a user somewhere in our workplace that might have JMP installed in another disk partition. Thus, voiding my current implementation that looks for the jmp executable in the C:\ drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

You can use OLE automation from Perl to run a JSL file:

use OLE;

use Win32::OLE;

my $jmp = Win32::OLE->new('JMP.Application');

$jmp->{Visible} = 1;

$jmp->RunJSLFile("C:\\jsl_file.jsl");

For more information on JMP automation, check out the JMP Automation Reference

Justin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

You can use OLE automation from Perl to run a JSL file:

use OLE;

use Win32::OLE;

my $jmp = Win32::OLE->new('JMP.Application');

$jmp->{Visible} = 1;

$jmp->RunJSLFile("C:\\jsl_file.jsl");

For more information on JMP automation, check out the JMP Automation Reference

Justin