cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to export plot

In a lot of occasions, JMP utilizes plot to show results. My question is how to export the plots JMP generates with all the components such as legend, x axis, y axis, etc.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to export plot

Not sure what you mean. There's copy/paste and Save As, which both support various formats. You might be looking for the selection tool (aka "fat plus cursor") to select just what you want to copy.

Got it. Thanks.

I like to use Save As>Word under the file menu. This saves and formats multiple plots and analyses on the same report (such as multiple distributions). Anything that is showing that you don't want in the Word document can be compressed by clicking on the blue triange at the top of the graph or the analyses. So you can print graphs with all data, some data, no data depending on what is showing. You can also close graphs. If you want to close all of the same analyses (such as quantiles on distribution) press the ctrl key while clicking on the blue triangle.
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Save As>Word appears to be a Windows only option. Cannot find it in JMP 8 for Mac.

However a JMP Journal from from one or several composite reports can be customized in a similar way (i.e. by clicking the triangles) and then easily be printed as a pdf using Mac OS X built-in pdf capabilities.
Jon_Weisz
Staff

On the mac you can select File->Export and choose RTF, then open in word.