cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
b55019
Level II

How to export JMP Data Tables as different Tabs of an Excel Sheet ?

Hi,

I have a couple of JMP Data Tables open and would like to export these as different tabs of one excel sheet.

How can I do this in JMP script?

Thanks,
Aman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to export JMP Data Tables as different Tabs of an Excel Sheet ?

Hello Aman,

JMP does not currently support saving different data tables as worksheets within a single workbook.  The exception is on Windows when a table exceeds the limit for the number of rows in an Excel sheet, it will try to open multiple sheets to accommodate all of the data.  Sorry.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Hello Aman,

JMP does not currently support saving different data tables as worksheets within a single workbook.  The exception is on Windows when a table exceeds the limit for the number of rows in an Excel sheet, it will try to open multiple sheets to accommodate all of the data.  Sorry.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

mpb
mpb
Level VII

I may well be wrong but I thought this was possible using ODBC.

b55019
Level II

I tried something like this.

dt1= Data Table("Input");

dt1<<save database("DSN=Excel Files Aman 2;DBQ=C:\Users\b55019\Desktop\Yield.xls;DriverId=790;FIL=excel12.0;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;","Raw Data");

Seems to give me an ODBC mismatch error

mpb
mpb
Level VII

Are your JMP and Excel(or ODBC?) both 32 bit or both 64 bit? Mine aren't so I can't explore this. For ODBC access to work you can't have one 64 bit and the other 32 bit.

I have both 32-bit and 64-bit JMP, but if you do not have 32-bit JMP then it is not going to work for you.  Microsoft installers will not allow you to install 64-bit Excel ODBC drivers if you have 32-bit Office already installed.

If you have the 32-bit Excel/32-bit JMP combination, something like the following will work:

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

dt2 = open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Tiretread.jmp");

dt << Save database("DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=C:/Bigc.xlsb;", "BigC");

dt2 << Save database("DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=C:/Bigc.xlsb;", "Tires");

Brian

b55019
Level II

I have a 64 bit JMP and 64 bit Excel combination . The command doesn't seem to work .

Gives me the same ODBC mismatch error .

I don't have 64-bit Excel available, so I can't try out that combination.  You might want to try creating a new DSN with the 64-bit ODBC Driver Manager (the one in System->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC) .  This is assuming you are using Windows.  If you are on the Mac, I'm not sure what the issue might be.

b55019
Level II

I tried to do this on a windows machine . I am still getting the same error.

I wonder if there is a way in VB to do it .