Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ndowidar
Level III

How to emphasize portions of the Parallel Graph

Hello, 

I am using a parallel graph to highlight some outliers. I'd like to make the curves for these outliers more prominent by putting the other curves as a muted background. How can I mute or make more transparent (?) most of the graph curves? I thought I could use the "customize" feature to reduce the transparency of curves I've selected but it applies it to all curves, so there's no way to separate the outliers. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to emphasize portions of the Parallel Graph

Just select the curves you want to highlight, and the others will become muted.

txnelson_0-1639460088557.png

Jim
ndowidar
Level III

Thank you so much for responding! I can do that in the live mode but I'm don't know how to save the image that way. There must be a way to select & mute the colors of curves you're not interested in so that the outliers are made more prominent. 

I could hide/exclude the other curves but that would lose the effect I was thinking of using the parallel plot. 

txnelson
Super User

All that is going on when you select the curves of interest, is that JMP is just selecting the rows in the data table that represent the curves selected in the graph.

Saving of the graph can be done in several ways.  The easiest is to copy it to a JMP Journal.  Interactively, this is easily done by selecting the graph to bring it into focus, and then simply do, CNTL/J.  This will move the current image of the graph to the journal.  Subsequent changes to the original chart will not change the image that was copied to the journal.

An easy way to display the rows one wants to display, is to the row selection built into JMP.  

Right click on the header of the RowState 

txnelson_1-1639498690777.png

and it will bring up the selections below

txnelson_0-1639498450568.png

If these built in features do not meet your needs then a JMP script will probably have to be written to select the desired rows.

Jim