cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AlexR846
Level III

How to create a table from a datatable(as it is)?

Hi,

Would like to create a table out of Datatable as it is, by scripting.

Tried with the Tabulate option (Analyze -> Tabulate), however it is letting to tabulate the statistics for the columns included in the Datatable.

Reason: Want to combine several parameters (Names, units, Lowimit, HighLimit, Cp, & Cpk )in a single data table as in the attached screenshot and to tabulate it.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to create a table from a datatable(as it is)?

The best way to develop a script in JMP, is to have JMP provide as much as possible of the JSL.  To do that, one typically executes each step interactively, requests from JMP to save the script from the step, and then go on to the next step, and continue repeating for each step in the process.  Therefore, I suggest that you attempt that process in developing the script you need.  Your final step to create a report output from the final data table can be as simple as 

names default to here(1);
dt=current data table();
nw=new window("Journal",<<journal);
dt<<journal;

If you are running JMP 16, the new annotated log will provide the JSL for the steps you run.  In earlier versions, there is an option under the various JMP platforms that will create the script that will run the step.  Or, if the step ceates a data table as it's output, the "Source" entry in the Table Panel in the data table display will contain the JSL required to create the output data table.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi Alex,

It sounds like you are trying to reorganize your data table to match the output you shared from Excel. JMP offers a broad range of tools to reshape data tables (e.g., SPLIT, STACK) that may be useful in your case. You can create a rearranged version of your data table only for display. 

However, without knowing the structure of your original data table, it is difficult to provide a complete answer. Could you share an example (real or mock) of the original data table?

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
AlexR846
Level III

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for your response & Sorry for the brief question.

You are right that I am reorganizing my datatable into a new table to get overview as per the required format.

Reason for doing so is, I want to summarize my data in a new table (as separate columns) by extracting the following information’s from imported table:

1. Name of the columns (Parameters Names), along with their Units, & Spec Limits
  2. Compute Cp and Cpk values for each measurement parameters present in the input data &
  3. To compute additional informations like number of dies failed (dies with measured data out of spec) for each parameters

Because of the required parameters i scripted in a way to compute required parameters in a new table and then to tabulate it.

AttachedPics:

ImportedData - Screenshot from the imported table (each column is setup with spec limits, & Units)

ComputedTable - Screeshot from the computed table which i would like to convert it into a new table.

Please let me know if it you require any additional informations.

Thank you !!

txnelson
Super User

The best way to develop a script in JMP, is to have JMP provide as much as possible of the JSL.  To do that, one typically executes each step interactively, requests from JMP to save the script from the step, and then go on to the next step, and continue repeating for each step in the process.  Therefore, I suggest that you attempt that process in developing the script you need.  Your final step to create a report output from the final data table can be as simple as 

names default to here(1);
dt=current data table();
nw=new window("Journal",<<journal);
dt<<journal;

If you are running JMP 16, the new annotated log will provide the JSL for the steps you run.  In earlier versions, there is an option under the various JMP platforms that will create the script that will run the step.  Or, if the step ceates a data table as it's output, the "Source" entry in the Table Panel in the data table display will contain the JSL required to create the output data table.

Jim
AlexR846
Level III

Thanks Jim & Thierry!!

Lesson Learnt. From now on i will look for the inbuilt JMP functionality to reach the objective step by step.