cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AlphaPony501
Level I

How to creat a graph with significant difference marks(asterisk) in it.

I have a data set with active/placebo sides been tested for 4 times at 0w, 4w, 8w and 12w. i want to run a t-test to see that whether each side(active and placebo) become significantly different at 4w, 8w and 12w comparing with 0w. Actually I already knew the answer by using Excel, but I want to build a graph with significant difference marks(asterisks) in it using JMP. How could I build such graph using my data set? I have also attached 1) the data table that I have; 2) what the expected graph should look like. You may notice that the data table is different than usual because I have listed the repeatedly measured data on different columns. So please also tell me that how could I build the graph using exactly the data table I have without combing several columns into one. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: How to creat a graph with significant difference marks(asterisk) in it.

Hi, 

Assuming that you are working with GraphBuilder, you can add short scripts to the graph using the Customize option in the menu (right-click on the chart).

The base function you want to use in this case is: Text (center justified, {x,y}, "TEXT") where {x,y} represents the coordinates for the center of the "TEXT", and TEXT in your case would be "*", "**", or "***".

You can format the TEXT by preceding the function with:

• Text Size (n), where n is the character size
  • Text Color ("red")

If you have many plots to draw, you could look into developing a more sophisticated script where the position and number of asterixes could be dynamically assigned based on column values. 

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse