cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hahahaqing
Level II

How to connect target points on different traces in an overlay plot?

Hi All!

I'm a new user in JMP software, and I was tasked to generate a plot and extract the script.

The plot I can generate now looks like below. I generated it from the Graph Builder. The four traces correspond to four different devices. The points on each trace show the voltage levels.

plot1.PNG

Each device has their own target voltage (For example: B: 1V, C: 0.9V, D: 0.65V). I would like to connect the target voltage point on each trace and calculate the delta_x and delta_y between them. Is there any way to achieve it in JMP? Also, can the calculated value appear on the plot as well? The plot I would like to create looks like this:  

plot2.PNG

Thank you all in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to connect target points on different traces in an overlay plot?

JMP has a full set of graphic primitives available to all graphical platforms. They allow you to add whatever items to a graphical display as desired.  Lines, text, rectangles, polygons, colors, fill patterns, etc. are all available.

primitive.PNG

Here is the script for the above Graph Builder

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
gb = Graph Builder(
	Size( 534, 456 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 6 ) ), Line Of Fit( X, Y, Legend( 8 ) ) )
);
rgb = gb << report;
framebox = rgb[frame box( 1 )];
framebox << Add Graphics Script(
	Transparency( 0.5 );
	Fill Color( {1.0, 0.5, 0.0} );
	Polygon( [60, 72, 57], [75, 120, 120] );
);

The documentation for this methodology is found in the Scripting Guide in a section titled "Scripting Graphs".

Another, but not as elegant way to do this, would be to one or more of your Overlay groups.   You could have A,B,C,D and Connect.   You would add to your data table, the XY points for each of your A-D groups, and Graph Builder would draw them.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

JMP has a full set of graphic primitives available to all graphical platforms. They allow you to add whatever items to a graphical display as desired.  Lines, text, rectangles, polygons, colors, fill patterns, etc. are all available.

primitive.PNG

Here is the script for the above Graph Builder

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
gb = Graph Builder(
	Size( 534, 456 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 6 ) ), Line Of Fit( X, Y, Legend( 8 ) ) )
);
rgb = gb << report;
framebox = rgb[frame box( 1 )];
framebox << Add Graphics Script(
	Transparency( 0.5 );
	Fill Color( {1.0, 0.5, 0.0} );
	Polygon( [60, 72, 57], [75, 120, 120] );
);

The documentation for this methodology is found in the Scripting Guide in a section titled "Scripting Graphs".

Another, but not as elegant way to do this, would be to one or more of your Overlay groups.   You could have A,B,C,D and Connect.   You would add to your data table, the XY points for each of your A-D groups, and Graph Builder would draw them.

Jim
hahahaqing
Level II

Thanks for your response a lot! It helps a lot. I appreciate it!!!!