cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
yu629xiao
Level I

How to collapse Journal with JSL script

Hi , I am wondering how to collapse Journal with JSL script . when I finish one JSL script with jrn1<< Journal ended, which comment can be continued after to collapse all my Jrn1 graphic ? I try below but fail

Jr1 = " ................";

Jrn1 << Journal;

Jrn1 << Close all like This;

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to collapse Journal with JSL script

A Journal is an Operating System window, unless you are referring to a Journal Box(), which is part of a window.  A window is normally Minimized to move it out of the viewing area.  Now, objects within a Journal, in particular, Outline Box()s can be collapsed, or the visibility setting can make them disappear.

See the Scripting index on Windows and Outline boxes.

Jim
yu629xiao
Level I

Thank you sir, actually I mean to collapse the Objects in Journal. after "... <<Journal " script finishing. Currently every time once I finish this script, new Journal windows pop out and all object was expended. Then I have to click "Ctrl+ top left triangle" to collapse all objects.   I do not want to click this every time after script finishing. so what's the script post "<<Journal " ? 

txnelson
Super User

This should do the trick

current journal()[OutlineBox(1)] << close all like this;
Jim
yu629xiao
Level I

Awesome! it works as I want. thank you