cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
yu629xiao
Level I

How to collapse Journal with JSL script

Hi , I am wondering how to collapse Journal with JSL script . when I finish one JSL script with jrn1<< Journal ended, which comment can be continued after to collapse all my Jrn1 graphic ? I try below but fail

Jr1 = " ................";

Jrn1 << Journal;

Jrn1 << Close all like This;

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to collapse Journal with JSL script

A Journal is an Operating System window, unless you are referring to a Journal Box(), which is part of a window.  A window is normally Minimized to move it out of the viewing area.  Now, objects within a Journal, in particular, Outline Box()s can be collapsed, or the visibility setting can make them disappear.

See the Scripting index on Windows and Outline boxes.

Jim
yu629xiao
Level I

Thank you sir, actually I mean to collapse the Objects in Journal. after "... <<Journal " script finishing. Currently every time once I finish this script, new Journal windows pop out and all object was expended. Then I have to click "Ctrl+ top left triangle" to collapse all objects.   I do not want to click this every time after script finishing. so what's the script post "<<Journal " ? 

txnelson
Super User

This should do the trick

current journal()[OutlineBox(1)] << close all like this;
Jim
yu629xiao
Level I

Awesome! it works as I want. thank you