cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
NCSURavi
Level I

How to change the graph frame thickness and color in Graph Builder?

I am trying to prepare publication quality figures using JMP and one of the things that my PI/our research group prefers are thick graph frames/axis ticks. This is fairly easy to change in Matlab, but I have yet to find a quick way to adjust the graph frame thickness (or color) in Graph Builder. Is this possible? If so, what's the best the way to do this?

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
mzwald
Staff

Re: How to change the graph frame thickness and color in Graph Builder?

If you click the red triangle of the Graph Builder menu, one of the options there is "Graph Spacing" which can be used to control the spacing between split visuals in a GB report.  For changing colors, this can be done by right-clicking on the portion of the graph you wish to edit (ex. the spacing between graphs) and choosing the "Change Color" option.  Similar for editing axes (ex. changing ticks, scales, colors, adding reference lines, number formats, etc...), right-click on the axis you wish to edit and select "Axis Settings".  And all of this formatting can be controlled in JMP scripts as well, or set as defaults from the Preferences menu.

NCSURavi
Level I

Re: How to change the graph frame thickness and color in Graph Builder?

Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps I am missing something, but when I am in the axis settings window  I do not see an option(s) for the following:

1. Changing the color of the axes lines/ticks

2. Changing the thickness of the axes lines and ticks. 

If I go to preferences, I can see the options to change the color of the axes lines and if I want a border around the graph frame, but I do not see the option to change the thickness of those lines. I do see options where I can change the thickness of graphed lines, but again not the thickness of the axes lines. 

Do these need to be changed via script? 

Thank You!

NCSURavi_0-1643041464372.png