cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JMPer08
Level I

How to auto update a formatted data table/report?

Hello,

I am very new to the JMP program, so I might be approaching this wrong at the moment. I am trying to create a report to help me monitor some work of mine and I want the report to automatically refresh everytime my raw data table is updated. Ex: When I login to JMP tomorrow, I want to open up my report with updated information. Below are the steps that I gone through to get to my report and I have included images of each step I take:

1) Raw data table that will be automatically updated, with 3 columns: Day of year, Cumulative, Customer

2) Analyze > Fit Y by X > Y, Reponse = Cumulative & X, Factor = Day of Year

3) Hotspot > Group by = Customer > Fit Line > Parameter Estimates > Make Combined Data Table

4) Table > Split > Split By = Term, Split Columns = Estimate, Group By = Customer

5) Update column name, add a few formulas, and added color gradient to help with monitoring my work

I essentially want that step 5 report to automatically update everytime my raw data table gets updated. I'm not too sure how to make that happen. I have tried saving it as a data table and saving a script, but have been unsucessful. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and you can even tell me if my approach is completely wrong.

Thank you in advance!

JMP_Step1_RawData.pngJMP_Step2_FitYbyX_FitLine.pngJMP_Step3_CombinedDataTable.pngJMP_Step4_Step5_SplitTable_CustomizedReport.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: How to auto update a formatted data table/report?

In JMP, if you use File>Open, select your excel file, use the import wizard to get the data you want, and then import, then JMP will write the import script for you.

check the data table's source script.

You can copy this script from the data table (right click on it, choose edit, then copy the script) and paste it into a new script window.

Try that and see if it works.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Byron_JMP
Staff

The first step is to understand where your data is coming from.

Do you open an Excel fle, a database connection, type it in by hand...

JMPer08
Level I

Currently it's from an Excel file that I created myself. This was a small project of mine that I wanted to tackle first.

Eventually I want to transition into using a database connection.
Byron_JMP
Staff

In JMP, if you use File>Open, select your excel file, use the import wizard to get the data you want, and then import, then JMP will write the import script for you.

check the data table's source script.

You can copy this script from the data table (right click on it, choose edit, then copy the script) and paste it into a new script window.

Try that and see if it works.