cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fg6mrw
Level II

How to add reference lines automatically to variability charts?

I need to make many graphs such as the one below and add limits using the reference limits in the axis settings. The limits are different for each graph. Is there a way to automate this so I do not have to manually add to each graph? The upper and lower limits could be included in the data set in extra columns.

10155_pastedImage_0.png

11 REPLIES 11
fg6mrw
Level II

Re: How to add reference lines automatically to variability charts?

Hi Kevin,

First of all, I am not familiar with running scripts in JMP. I am willing to learn though but will require some other training.

For these graphs, the limits for each particular dataset will not change. I will do this fairly frequently and there will be multiple columns of data with each column having different limits. The dataset has at least a few hundred columns of data but I only need to graph maybe 20 of the columns. Only these 20 columns would therefore need spec limits (reference lines) added to the graphs.

Thanks,

Rick

jara95
Level III

Re: How to add reference lines automatically to variability charts?

If you have the spec limit in the table as columns, then you can use overlay plot. But it doesn't provide any statistics.

10170_pastedImage_0.png10171_pastedImage_1.png

10176_pastedImage_3.png