cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Matajas
Level I

How to Save the intercept of many analyses (for bachelor project)

Dear community!

I'm currently working on my bachelor's project which examines the performance of mutual funds here in Denmark. As you might know, when you look at the performance of mutual funds, you are interested in whether the fund has beaten its benchmark or not. To comment on this, you look at Alphas, which is the intercept of a regression analysis. So far, me and my partner have written the intercept manually into an Excel file one by one but this is taking way too much time. (we still need to do 7000 more). Is there a way to save the intercept for multiple analyses at the same time? I might have 100 y variables explained by 4 factors, and I want to save the intercepts of the 100 analyses instead of having to write them down one by one. Is this possible?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to Save the intercept of many analyses (for bachelor project)

If you are using the Fit Y by X, Bivariate Platform, you can easily output all of the slopes into a single data table for all of regressions.  

txnelson_0-1680730836758.png

Simply right click on one of the Parameter Estimates tables, and select Make Combined Data Table.

txnelson_1-1680731092462.png

The "Make Combined Data Table" is a system wide JMP feature, so if you are using the Fit Model platform to get your slopes, you can use the same method to get the estimates into a single data table from which you can cop/paste from.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

If you are using the Fit Y by X, Bivariate Platform, you can easily output all of the slopes into a single data table for all of regressions.  

txnelson_0-1680730836758.png

Simply right click on one of the Parameter Estimates tables, and select Make Combined Data Table.

txnelson_1-1680731092462.png

The "Make Combined Data Table" is a system wide JMP feature, so if you are using the Fit Model platform to get your slopes, you can use the same method to get the estimates into a single data table from which you can cop/paste from.

Jim
Matajas
Level I

Thank you so much!!!!!