cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Azim
Level I

How to Run JMP 18 script using JMP 16?

I am currently using JMP 18. However, many of my colleagues are still using JMP 16 and they couldn't run my script. Some few colleagues have both JMP 16 and 18. They could run the script on JMP 18 but not on JMP 16.

How do I code this so that JMP 16 users can also run my script? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to Run JMP 18 script using JMP 16?

Not to my knowledge. Either you have to know what has changed between JMP16 -> JMP18 and modify those. Or run it in JMP16 yourself and start debugging. Then modify the script in such a way that it works for both versions or add some If statements and use JMP Version() to check which JMP is being used (or create separate script for JMP16.

Some changes I can remember: JMP17 added For Each, Filter Each and Transform Each, there were some changes to classes if I remember correctly and some platforms have different structure...

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

Depends on your code. There might be features that are missing from JMP16 that you have in JMP18

-Jarmo
Azim
Level I

Is there a way to know? Or do I have to open and debug using JMP 16, then make changes to script spefically for JMP16?

jthi
Super User

Not to my knowledge. Either you have to know what has changed between JMP16 -> JMP18 and modify those. Or run it in JMP16 yourself and start debugging. Then modify the script in such a way that it works for both versions or add some If statements and use JMP Version() to check which JMP is being used (or create separate script for JMP16.

Some changes I can remember: JMP17 added For Each, Filter Each and Transform Each, there were some changes to classes if I remember correctly and some platforms have different structure...

-Jarmo
Azim
Level I

Names Default To Here(1);
JMP Version (); 

I used this at the very start of the script. It seems to work. Users with JMP16 can run my script. Thanks!