cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MJE
MJE
Level III

How to Paste graphics from clipboard via JSL; alternatively: how to create a stand-alone legend?

Hi everyone,

I have reached the limitations of my (rather limited) scripting skills and am looking for help.

What I am currently trying to do is to create a legend based on "Color by column" or row legend, which is not appended to a certain plot but could be placed in a seperate Outline Box or such.

Reason I am trying to do this is, that I am working on a JSL script which in the end shall retrieve a whole bunch of data from a database and give out a multitude of visualizations for different process steps with mostly different legends. On top, I want to distribute it as an interactive html file. As there will be a lot of graphs and therefore a lot of scrolling, I would love to generate a Outline Box / Scroll Box alignment, where the legend and maybe some written information should stay visible (in a separate part of the window) when scrolling through the graphs.

What i succeeded to do so far is copying the Border Box of a generated legend to the clipboard via (One refers to a generic one way plot with a "row legend" installed)

rOne = One << report;
	Link = rone[Owner Box(1)] << parent;

show (Link);

Link << copy picture

which copies the legend Border Box to the clipboard. I can paste it to word for example and get exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I can't find a JSL command to paste graphics from the clipboard into a visualization. I tried it via "Get clipboard" in a picture Box Environment, but this command seems only to be working for Text.

Does anyone know, whether it is possible to paste graphics from the clipboard?

Alternatively, does anyone have a code sniplet which allows to create a stand-alone legend (I tried to convert it from the row states but didn't get very far with that)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greets

Malte

10 REPLIES 10
MJE
MJE
Level III

Re: How to Paste graphics from clipboard via JSL; alternatively: how to create a stand-alone legend?

Hi John,

I will do so, but only after I tried ot make sure there actually is a topic about the scroll box within the interactive html environment and not rather within my code (this was my first try on using scroll boxes, there might be some room for improvement :) )

Greets
Malte