cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sam2018
Level I

How do you customize box plot in JMP preferences?

How do you customize box plot in JMP preferences? I am looking to customize the box plot line color and line width  one time in JMP preferences. Currently, each time I generate a JMP box plot, I right click on the graph, click on to customize, and change line color and line width of box plot. I do this every time because I don’t like the red color and thin line width on the box plot. Instead, I like black color and a thicker line width. How can I can customize this in JMP preferences?

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do you customize box plot in JMP preferences?

If you go to 

File==>Preferences==>Graphs

you will see all of the settings that you can set for the graphic environment.  If it does not have settings that you need to change, the script that your Customize actions taken to adjust the box plots, could be turned into a standalone script that you could easily run against the box plot graphs in the future.

Jim
sam2018
Level I

Thank you for your reply. File==>Preferences==>Graphs doesnt have the settings to customize the box plots. Script is an option, but then I have to run a script each time. Is there an add-in or does anyone else know if there is any way to change JMP preferences?

cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Sorry, re-read your question and realized my response didn't address your question.

It doesn't immediately appear that there is a preference you can set to do what you want.  This might be worth a call over to JMP Tech Support

-- Cameron Willden

And you can search "How do you customize box plot in JMP preferences" on google.com
Signature
Thomas M. Pilitowski
P.O. Box 496607
Port Charlotte, Florida 33949
Toll Free: 1-800-624-1870